The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to a number of well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our banners that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California and Food Maxx. We also have 4 distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of The Save Mart Companies stores. We are a locally owned business, headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation - the San Joaquin Valley.
Some of our competitive benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K), Life Long Learning Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Coordinator, Receiving & Shipping - 9999 Niblick Dr., Roseville, CA 95688 Roseville, CA -
The Coordinator, Receiving & Shipping supports the Manager, Order Mgmt & Office Support in a variety of administrative tasks and activities to include data input and report processing, creation of distribution center materials, meeting coordination, messaging and scheduling support, and clerical record keeping and filing tasks. The position performs clerical and accounting duties related to customer billing ensuring invoices and other records are correct and in accordance with carrier loads.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Perform routine clerical duties to include typing letters and memos, answering telephones and responding to customer inquiries as necessary
- Forward special ship memo to Information Technology for processing from store requests
- Keep accurate “time in” and “time out” record of outside carriers
- Prepare and schedules receiving appointments for outside carrier deliveries and verify purchase orders
- Collect all shipping memos, mail and other correspondence and places in designated holding area
- Prepare shipped memos as requested by customer and forward memos to the proper department for selection
- Work with retail stores regarding problems or complaints and provide them with prompt and courteous customer service. Ensure that incoming calls are promptly routed to the appropriate department.
- Maintain and monitor various control logs and process all store credits.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven ability to work in a busy warehouse environment handling multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of warehouse departments, schedules, functions and mailing procedures
- Ability to understand and interpret related reports
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good math skills and figure aptitude
- Strong time management skills
- Proficient data entry skills
- Basic Word, Excel and basic Office skills
Education: High School Diploma (or G.E.D.)
Experience: Six months of related experience
Other: Maintain timely and regular attendance. Must be able to work overtime, when needed.
Physical: Warehouse and office environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects
o Customer Focus
o Quality/Quantity of Work
o Personal/Interpersonal Skills
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.